Health and Safety Manager
As our Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the entire Roundhouse estate, buildings and processes is managed in compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and associated HSE Guidance Documents and Approved Codes of Practice.
Offered on a 12 month fixed term basis, the post holder will interrogate our most recent Health and Safety Audit and Fire Risk Assessment, implementing all recommendations. They will also be responsible for updating and centralising documentation and reviewing SOPs, SSOWs, Risk Assessments and the Risk Reduction Plan.
• Inspections – review of ad-hoc, daily, weekly, monthly inspections
• Training – implementation of Training Matrix and eLearning. Creation of accurate training, competency and qualification logging system
• Monitoring of systems, policies and operational environment
• Risk Assessment Management and creation of central COSHH register
• Major Incident Plan update – review link to operating plan, evacuation plan, emergency procedures, first aid provision, business continuity, counter terrorism planning
• Statutory compliance/Inspection
• Culture – daily tool box talks, posters, information availability
• Accident investigation, analysis, benchmarking and reporting
• PPE Guidance and inspections
• Work with HR team to ensure correct health surveillance
We are looking for someone with:
- Significant Health and Safety Management experience
- Proven experience in implementing Health and Safety Management systems/processes in a business
- To hold a NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent qualification
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to lead and motivate teams
- Experience in working cross-departmentally with stakeholders of all levels up to director level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The successful candidate must have a current and acceptable DBS check, or be willing to undertake one, due to the nature of the role.
For more information please download the full job description and if you feel you have the skills and experience we are looking for, please submit your application by 10am, Monday 21st October 2019.
Contract: Fixed Term (12 months)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Interviews: 28th October 2019
All personal data submitted to the Roundhouse in the form of personal details forms is used for recruitment purposes and equal opportunities reporting only. By submitting a personal details form, you consent to the Roundhouse retaining your personal data for these purposes. Personal details forms contain your name, address and details relating to your gender, religion and nationality. All forms are anonymised before use. In accordance with GDPR all information submitted by unsuccessful applicants will be deleted within six months.